Re: [Xen-devel] Legacy tty1 support in pvops kernels

Hello all,

Thanks to quite a bit of assistance from Soren Hansen, we have a solution to
provide legacy support for /dev/tty1 consoles as well as /dev/sdX block devices
in domU's.

The diff is based on 2.6.32.12 from kernel.org.  I built x86_64 and i386
kernels from it and it's been tested in various domU's running on Xen 3.0.3,
3.1.2, 3.3.0 and 3.4.2.  The tested domU's were running CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu,
Debian, Gentoo and Arch.

I'm definitely new to making kernel patches and I'm not entirely sure that this
is worth submitting upstream.  I'm very much interested in any feedback the
community might have.

--
Major Hayden