[Xen-devel] Re: [patch] ext/debugger.hgs: add missing includes

On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 02:25 +0100, Mukesh Rathor wrote:

> Hi Goncalo,

Hi Mukesh,

> Can you please elaborate a bit. I was able to build using make gdbsx=y
> crash_debug=y, is that what you are doing? I don't mind making the
> change in the ext/debuggers.hg tree, but if the parallel change is not
> in unstable tree, next time i refresh it may get overwritten to your
> annoyance. i don't see gdbstub files with the above include in unstable
> or xen 4.0 tree. Moroever, the gdbstub files have nothing to do with
> either kdb or gdbsx.

In my system, Debian Lenny, I had compiler errors stating the struct
gdb_context was defined within the function scope which appeared as if
during the 3.5 -> 4.0rc6 merge some header might have been omited. Using
ctags, I found the definition of this struct was inside gdbstub.h and
the patch I've submited allowed the compilation to finish successfully.

However, I've just tried to reproduce it again and I can't seem to get
the same behavior to reproduce. The only thing that changed since the
time I built Xen from the debuggers.hg and generated the patch (the
system was pretty much clean at the time) was the
compilation/installation of gdb 7.1 from source.

Not quite sure that'd be relevant, however it's still semi-related in
context.

Feel free to discard the patch, in the meantime I'll do some more tests
and if I find any hints of the problem, I'll update this thread.

Cheers,
 -Goncalo.