Re: [Xen-devel] Error building current Linux git tree without configurin

To: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Error building current Linux git tree without configuring Xen
From: Dave McCracken <dcm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 14:58:25 -0500
Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, Xen Developers List <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 May 2010 13:00:09 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Monday 03 May 2010, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 02:34:26PM -0500, Dave McCracken wrote:
> >
> > I tried to build a Linux kernel from current git sources without
> > specifying
>
> Which branch is that? Can you do 'git log' and tell me what is the
> latest you see?

Hmm... I'm not using any branch, so the mainline of
git://git.kernel.org/.../jeremy/xen.git .

It looks like real development is happening on other branches.  Should I be
using one of them for testing and submitting new patches?  I see xen/next and
xen/core as possible choices.

> > any form of Xen.  I got these three undefined symbols:
> >
> > xen_register_gsi
> > xen_teardown_msi_dev
> > xen_setup_msi_irqs
> >
> > I defined them as dummy functions in arch/x86/include/asm/xen/pci.h for
> > the  case where CONFIG_XEN is not set, and got a working kernel.  They're
> > also
>
> There was a patch that fixed this floating around. Don't think Jeremy
> had a chance to check in it..

Ok.  I just wanted to make sure it's a known problem and a fix is in progress.

Dave McCracken
Oracle Corp.