[Xen-devel] Xen VGA graphics passthrough for secondary adapters, vBAR=pB

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xen VGA graphics passthrough for secondary adapters, vBAR=pBAR etc
From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:21:19 +0300
Cc: weidong.han@xxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 00:22:20 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

Now that Xen 4.0.0 is out and has support for primary graphics passthru
and many people have been using it already and asking for a status update
for secondary adapter passthru I thought of opening a new thread about this.

What are the actual issues that need to be resolved to get the
secondary graphics passthru working? Probably related to VGA BIOS execution
in the guest?

How about the vBAR=pBAR stuff required for some (Nvidia) cards?
How do we get that functionality integrated so people don't need additional
patches?

Was there also a problem that a working VGA BIOS cannot be copied from some
cards
and they need to use/load it from a file?

Thanks!

-- Pasi

btw. I've created a wiki page where we can list all the tested/working graphics
adapters:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenVGAPassthroughTestedAdapters