Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.1 Feature Request List

To: Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>, Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.1 Feature Request List
From: "Vincent, Pradeep" <pradeepv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 19:09:43 -0700
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 19:10:36 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Multi-queue functionality in netfront/netbk drivers would be very useful in improving aggregate network throughput. This is complementary to leveraging VMQ functionality via Netchannel2.

For Dom-0 transmit queue logic, a simple mechanism to map physical NIC’s receive queues to Vif’s transmit queues and vice-versa would also be very useful and will help Dom-0 leverage NIC’s hardware based hashing functionality such as RSS and guest kernel’s transmit queue functionality for end-to-end network throughput enhancement.

Thanks,

- Pradeep Vincent