Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4 - Page Sharing HowTo?

To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>, Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4 - Page Sharing HowTo?
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 15:36:20 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 07:39:03 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 09/04/2010 15:09, "Pasi Kärkkäinen" <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:

>>> void mem_sharing_init(void)
>>> {
>>>    printk("Initing memory sharing.\n");
>>>

>>> But I've not seen that at all on my 4.x system.

Should be unconditionally printed during Xen boot. Not when memory sharing
is first used.

>> Also the 4.0 release announcement mentioned page to disk, but again I
>> can find no reference to that... has anybody tested these new
>> features?

I think you run the xenpaging daemon manually on each domain you want to
have paged to disc. The daemon is probably under /usr/sbin/xenpaging. It
takes two arguments: domain-id and memory allocated to the domain, in 4kB
pages (e.g., memory in MB, multiplied by 256).

 -- Keir