RE: [Xen-API] Re: [Xen-devel] Generic PV Guests on XCP?

To: "Anil Madhavapeddy" <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Ian Campbell" <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-API] Re: [Xen-devel] Generic PV Guests on XCP?
From: "Phil Winterfield (winterfi)" <winterfi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:48:25 -0700
Cc: "Don Banks \(donbanks\)" <donbanks@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:49:17 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Anil,  I am interested in your suggestion to use domain0 and the
lower-level Python tool stack for initial development on an XCP
platform.  Could you tell me more about your technique for doing that,
i.e. how do I go about getting access to domain0 and the 'xm' python api
set on XCP?

Thanks,
Phil

> > The consoles are exported via XenAPI in VNC format. You need a
XenAPI
> > client which is capable of attaching to these. Looks like
> > http://www.xvpsource.org/ is the place to look?
> >
> > Personally I usually use /opt/xensource/debug/vncproxy (copied to my
> > workstation) to create a local socket on my workstation which is
> proxied
> > to the XCP host and then run vncviewer locally against that proxy.
>
> To access the raw serial console by text (the equivalent of 'xm create
> -c'), you first need to disable the VNC proxy from spawning (set the
VM