Re: [Xen-devel] current xen/stable 2.6.32.9 failed upgrade from 2.6.31.6

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 10:10:48PM -0700, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
>>> And then when I gave up and updated to latest xen/stable for one last try,
>>> that was the biggest d'oh moment - it's fixed :) Was it de67ec8b?
>
> Yes.

OK. Thanks. :)

In the meantime I've verified that the fixed kernel also works on another
32-bit server (a Dell PE750, 2003) where it had also previously crashed on
boot.

>> [    0.000000] ERROR: Unable to locate IOAPIC for GSI 2
>> [    0.000000] ERROR: Unable to locate IOAPIC for GSI 9
>> [    0.030115] ERROR: Unable to locate IOAPIC for GSI 9
>>
>> Is there anything I can do to avoid these?
>
> These are just noise; the kernel thinks it can poke at the IO APICs, but
> they're owned by Xen and so don't exist for the kernel; instead some
> alternate mechanisms come into play to keep the interrupts flowing.  At
> some point I hope we can completely remove all trace of the APICs from
> the kernel's sight, so it won't even try to access them and print these
> confused messages.

OK. I just noticed it because it trips up the default check_dmesg Nagios
verification, as it has the word 'error' in it.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.