[Xen-devel] no /sys/devices/xen-backend/

To: <Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] no /sys/devices/xen-backend/
From: "Robbie Garertt" <rgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:50:32 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:51:04 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey all,

tried to compile the kernel using the instructions provided below and when I start xen, it complains about not being able to detect cpu state amount other things.

it would appear that the directory it's looking for is /sys/devices/xen-backend/ which does not exist.

it says the directories have been moved to /sys/bus/xen-backend  which does exists on my system.
however when I went to make the change the file libxenstat-linux.c, it does not exist anywhere on my system.
can anyone provide a direction for me to go?
Did I miss something during compile time?

compile information below.

following instructions found at http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps to ensure I have all the CONFIG_ options correct.
git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git linux-2.6-xen
cd linux-2.6-xen
make && make modules && make modules_install && make bzImage && make install