Re: [Xen-devel] Checksumming problem in pv_ops dom0 kernel / netback

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Checksumming problem in pv_ops dom0 kernel / netback
From: "S.H. Verbrugge" <ief@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:48:48 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 08:49:38 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 01:48:33PM +0100, Stefan Kuhne wrote:
> Am 17.03.2010 13:34, schrieb S.H. Verbrugge:
>
> Hello,
>
> > Ever since we switched to a pv_ops dom0 kernel (we were using 2.6.26
> > xenkernel from Debian repo before, with Xen 3.2),
> > we started to have some problems when attempting to route packets on a domU.
> >
> > The following message appears in dmesg on the dom0:
> >
> > "Attempting to checksum a non-TCP/UDP packet, dropping a protocol 1 packet"
> >
> I know one how has same problem.
> I've a similar Problem.
>
> I can ping from routing DomU and Dom0 to Internet, but no one else can.
>
> See also:
> Post "2.6.31.6 pv_ops and routing DomU" from 10/03/09 on Xen-Devel
>
> Regards,
> Stefan Kuhne

Yeah, I've seen that. It does not give that much information however.

More specifically, I've tested with two dom0 pv_ops kernels now, and since it's
still
reproducable on the latest xen/stable platform, I'm guessing it either has to
do with vlan'ing or
the tg3 driver , in combination with netback.

I was hoping some Xen developers could shed some light on this.
I already conversed with Jeremy about this, and he pointed me to this mailing
list.

--
 /\/\  Hostingvereniging Soleus              |  Community-driven
< ** > http://soleus.nu                      |  Virtual Private Servers