[Xen-devel] Hi all

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Hi all
From: Aditya Pendyala <aditya.pendyala@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:41:06 +0530
Delivery-date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 03:11:59 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,
I have the following questions regarding Xen hypervisor.Can you please clarify these queries?

  • Does Xen follow any security model, in particular, does a Random Oracle (RO) fit in Xen?
  • When there are concurrent Guest OS running on the same hardware, then there has to be a mechanism for concurrency control and fairness, how does Xen implement these?
  • Shared memory access has to make sure that one "malicious" OS doesn't access other's memory, where and how is this done?
  • Similarly with shared network, how and where is security handled in this case so that packets meant for one OS are not accessible to other OS?
  • Does xen has cryptography implementation in the code ?
  • If you have idea regarding "provable security" property of Xen , can you give us a gist of it ?

  • Thanks&Regards,
    Aditya Pendyala,