RE: [Xen-devel] cpuidle causing Dom0 soft lockups

>>> "Yu, Ke" <ke.yu@xxxxxxxxx> 24.02.10 07:51 >>>
>Here is the patch according to Kevin's analysis. Jan, could you give it a try?
>Thanks

Indeed, all of the warnings are gone with that after running for almost
an hour where previously the BUG_ON() (converted to a WARN_ON())
would hit within minutes.

Not sure whether Keir needs another formal submission or could push
this in right away.

Anyway, I believe the original BUG_ON() causing this issue should also
be converted to a WARN_ON(). After all, the state checked doesn't
indicate a problem the system cannot survive - all that it indicates is
that the urgent vCPU accounting is broken, and hence deep C states
may get entered more or less frequently than supposed to.

Jan