Re: [Xen-devel] windows domU disk performance graph comparing hvm vs st

> > > That is strange because in that configuration I get a far better
> > > disk bandwidth with stubdoms compared to qemu running in dom0.
> > >

> > What type of test are you doing?
> >

> these are the results I got a while ago running a simple "dd if=/dev/zero
> of=file" for 10 seconds:

Keep in mind that iometer (both the Windows a Linux version) by default
do random seak of 50% reads and 50% writes. They do have some set of
templates - "web server", "file server", "database server" that change
the read/write ratio, size of blocks, and the queue length.(fyi, you can
use fio to set the same values, if you can't get dynamo to compile on
your Linux box).

Keith, which workload did you choose?