RE: [Xen-devel] RE: Host Numa informtion in dom0

While I am in agreement in general, my point is that we
need to avoid misleading virtualization users by somehow
making it clear that "pinning NUMA memory" to get
performance advantages results in significant losses
in flexibility.  For example, it won't be intuitive
to users/admins that starting guest A and then starting
guest B may result in very different performance
profile for A's applications than starting guest B
and then starting guest A.

This may be obvious for other flexibility limiters such
as PCI passthrough, but I suspect the vast majority of
users (at least outside of the HPC community) for the next
few years are not going to accept that one chunk of memory
is *that* different from another chunk of memory.