Re: [Xen-devel] PCI ATM NIC passthrough to domU

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 01:59:04PM +0000, mdlabriola@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Anyone here ever pass a PCI ATM NIC to a domU?  I need to do just that, and
> the Marconi HE155 I've got doesn't quite work.  I can hide it from the dom0,
> it seems to get snagged by domU's pcifront, but the he driver complains a
> little and then all the atm deamons fail to initialize the device.  I'm at
> home w/out the logfiles at the moment...

Well the logs would definitely help.

Make sure you grab "xm log", "xm dmesg", "dmesg" and possibly
/var/log/messages and /var/log/syslog from dom0.

Also post any "dmesg" entries from the domU.

> Same results with pv_ops dom0 as the old 2.6.18-xen dom0.  DomU is 2.6.18-xen.

Is domU the latest version from http://xenbits.xen.org/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg ?

-- Pasi