[Xen-devel] some questions about vcpu?

To: "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] some questions about vcpu?
From: "Haifeng Fang" <fhf25@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:44:06 +0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 04:44:38 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi, all

Recently, I want to add a hidden domain in Xen. So I have studied the source codes related to idle-vcpu.
Now, I have implemented a hidden domain, which contains a vcpu similar to idle-vcpu. In this vcpu, it used the same page-table with idle-vcpu, that is, idle_pg_table, so the vcpu can access the memory within xen hypervisor address space. Being apparent, this vcpu is like a kernel thread of linux.

Fortunately, the method is good when the changed xen is running under single physical CPU, while the running speed of domain became a little slow. However, when the changed xen is installed onto the machine with dual-core, the machine is dead. So, how can I solve the problem? If the death of machine is due to the vcpu's synchronization.

who can give me some advise?

Thanks in advance.

--Haifeng Fang
Beijing China