Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel 2.6.31.6 pv_ops freeze on start

To: Fantu <fantonifabio@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel 2.6.31.6 pv_ops freeze on start
From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 23:14:24 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 13:14:49 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 09:04:51AM -0800, Fantu wrote:

> the server is Dell T610, have IPMI serial over lan, can help me to use it for
> report debug please?

First you need to figure out what IO port the IPMI SOL port is using.
lspci -vvv should help you to figure that out.

If you want to see GRUB1 prompt also on the serial console:

cat /etc/grub/grub.conf | grep -i serial

# Intel AMT serial-over-lan console
serial --port=0x3440 --speed=115200
terminal --timeout=10 console serial

0x3440 is the SOL ioport on my motherboard.

And then the actual Xen hypervisor SOL console configuration in
grub1.conf:

xen.gz com1=115200,8n1,0x3440,0 console=com1,vga

0x3440 again is the SOL device IO port. Change it to match your SOL
device IO port.

dom0_kernel should have parameters like this:

vmlinuz root=something console=hvc0 earlyprintk=xen

-- Pasi