[Xen-devel] Re: Questions about Xen qemu-dm so I can finish my Debian pa

To: Thomas Goirand <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: Questions about Xen qemu-dm so I can finish my Debian packaging
From: Samuel Thibault <sthibault@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 22:29:58 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Christian Motschke <christian@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 13:30:28 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thomas Goirand, le Tue 29 Dec 2009 04:55:53 +0800, a écrit :
> 4- Is this normal, and could it be avoided:
>
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libm.so.6 could be avoided if
> "debian/xen-qemu-dm-3.4/usr/lib/xen-3.4/boot/qemu-dm" were not uselessly
> linked against it (they use none of its symbols).

-lm is needed for hw/fmopl.c.  It shouldn't be any harm to always have
it however, since that's from libc.

> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libXext.so.6 could be avoided if
> "debian/xen-qemu-dm-3.4/usr/lib/xen-3.4/boot/qemu-dm" were not uselessly
> linked against it (they use none of its symbols).

qemu doesn't link it itself.  It's probably a spurious Requires in some
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/*.pc that should actually be a Requires.private.

Samuel