[Xen-devel] RE: latest xen-unstable fails to boot on Dell D630 (likely h

To: "Yu, Ke" <ke.yu@xxxxxxxxx>, "Xen-Devel (E-mail)" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RE: latest xen-unstable fails to boot on Dell D630 (likely hpet/Cstate problem)
From: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 09:42:12 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 09:44:24 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> case, if convenient, could you help to do some bisect to see
> which cset cause this bug?

I can do this, but because it is often no longer easy to
bisect Xen because of interdependencies with other
components, I was hoping that Keir or you or someone might
have some idea of what changeset might have caused the regression.
But I'll give bisecting a try.

> max_cstate=2), when dom0 hangs, is xen still alive, E.g. can
> Xen response to three Ctrl-'A' in serial?

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get a Xen console working on
the Merom machine, and the problem can't be reproduced on
my other machine where the Xen console is working (because
Conroe doesn't support deep C).