[Xen-devel] pvops dom0 compile issues

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] pvops dom0 compile issues
From: Michael D Labriola <mlabriol@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 07:49:02 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 04:49:36 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeremy,

I've been playing with your pvops tree for a few weeks pretty
successfully.
My first attempt had some strange linking errors that I wrote off as a
misconfiguration on my part.  I just pulled fresh from your xen/master
branch and snagged the example 32bit .config from the pvops Wiki and tried
to do a fresh compile.

The first problem I had was some inlining errors in mptsas.c.  I'm
assuming
that since that driver is enabled in the example .config that it compiles
for you... which means it's related to compiler differences perhaps?
Anyway, I attached a patch that fixed this.  Basically just moved the
offending function to before it's first invocation.

Now that that compile error is fixed, I get all the way to linking and get
this:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `kmalloc':
include/trace/events/kmem.h:47: undefined reference to `.L1445'

I also saw some warnings suggesting I do a 'make
CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y', so I've done that and attached the last
page or so of output as well.

I got these errors to go away last time I compiled by gutting ALL the
debug stuff out of my .config... but I don't want to do that.

Any ideas?  I'm trying to get up to speed on this stuff, but am definitely
feeling a bit over my head.  ;-)

-Mike

PS - I'm using gcc 3.4.6 on a custom linux distro forked off of fc5 a long
time ago...

---
Michael D Labriola
Electric Boat