Re: [Xen-devel] Partial succes VGA passthrough Ati Radeon HD4850 on Asus

To: "Han, Weidong" <weidong.han@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Partial succes VGA passthrough Ati Radeon HD4850 on Asus P5Q-EM DO (Q45 chipset)
From: Sander Eikelenboom <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 10:15:51 +0100
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 01:16:09 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nope the Ati catalyst driver is not working properly, so it has fallen back to
the basic vga driver it seems.
I was going to tryout the IGD aswell, and perhaps i haven't got an entire copy
of the VGA bios or something like that, so I will try some more things.
I have applied all four patches your have sent in august/september (first
version), including the pbar=vbar patch

Is there anymore news / newer version of vga passthrough patches ?

Would it be handy to eventually have the pbar=vbar as generic option in
passthrough ?

Regards,

Sander

--