Re: [Xen-devel] Problems booting latest xen pv-ops linux kernel

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 12:25:16PM +0100, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
> I occasionally have the same problem (same messages spit out by the kernel on
> boot.
> System keeps running, but everything is terribly slow it seems (these
> messages appear one by one with sometimes several seconds in between)
> In the end it can not mount the root filesystem and bails out.

This is most curious. Based on your Xen hypervisor logs:

..snip..
> (XEN)    IRQ:   0, IRQ affinity:0xffffffff, Vec:240 type=IO-APIC-edge
> status=
> 00000000 mapped, unbound
> (XEN)    IRQ:   1, IRQ affinity:0x00000001, Vec: 40 type=IO-APIC-edge
> status=
> 00000006 mapped, unbound
> (XEN)    IRQ:   2, IRQ affinity:0xffffffff, Vec:226 type=XT-PIC
> status=
> 00000000 mapped, unbound
> (XEN)    IRQ:   3, IRQ affinity:0xffffffff, Vec:227 type=XT-PIC
> status=
> 00000002 mapped, unbound
> (XEN)    IRQ:   4, IRQ affinity:0xffffffff, Vec:241 type=IO-APIC-edge
> status=
> 00000000 mapped, unbound
> (XEN)    IRQ:   5, IRQ affinity:0xffffffff, Vec:229 type=XT-PIC
> status=
> 00000010 in-flight=0 domain-list=0:  5(----),
> (XEN)    IRQ:   6, IRQ affinity:0x00000001, Vec: 48 type=IO-APIC-edge
> status=
> 00000002 mapped, unbound
> (XEN)    IRQ:   7, IRQ affinity:0xffffffff, Vec:231 type=XT-PIC
> status=
> 00000010 in-flight=0 domain-list=0:  7(----),
> (XEN)    IRQ:   8, IRQ affinity:0x00000001, Vec: 56 type=IO-APIC-edge
> status=
> 00000002 mapped, unbound
.. snip..

That are not mapped to the Dom0. Meaning that well, ..., they are not being
received by
Dom0, which definilty is a problem.

<side-track>
Mr Goswin,

Can you try getting the hypervisor output? That can be done by pressing Ctrl-A
three
times and one of the keys for the IRQ to domains mapping. I am just looking to
see
if you have the same issue.
</side-track>

There were some patches (cs/ 20437) that changed the IRQ mapping and I wonder if
it inadvertly triggered this failure.

Can you revert back before cs 20437 and compile Xen.gz? Here is one way I know
of how to do this (there is probably a better one):

mkdir ../test
cd ../test
hg clone ../xen-unstable.hg/ -r20436
cd xen-unstable.hg
hg tip
(and it should show c/s 20436 as the latest).