Re: [Xen-devel] xm save still fails

To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >> \"xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\"" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xm save still fails
From: Valtteri Kiviniemi <valtteri.kiviniemi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:25:44 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 05:26:14 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have this same problem with xen-unstable. When I try to save a domU it wont do anything. The following error messages appear:

in the domU's console that I'm trying to save:

Ignoring shutdown request: suspend

in xend.log:

[2009-11-19 15:18:51 2740] DEBUG (XendCheckpoint:124) [xc_save]: /usr/lib/xen/bin/xc_save 57 1 0 0 0 [2009-11-19 15:18:51 2740] INFO (XendCheckpoint:424) xc_save: failed to get the suspend evtchn port

- Valtteri Kiviniemi

Yasir Assam kirjoitti:
Thanks for responding Dan.

I applied that patch to my domU kernel (2.6.31.6) and I still get the same problem.

This is what I got on the domU console:

PM: Device rtc_cmos failed to suspend: error -22
xen suspend: dpm_suspend_start -22

and I've attached /var/log/kern.log from the domU.

The same thing happens whether I use 1 or 2 VCPUs.

Thanks,
Yasir

Jeremy suggested trying out this bug fix a few days ago, but
I haven't had a chance to try it yet as my test machines
have been in use for other things.

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-11/msg00672.html

Pasi also noticed that save/restore did not fail for a single
vcpu domain but has a (non-fatal) error message, but does fail
for vcpus>1 (see other email in the same thread).

It would be great if you could try this fix and let us
know if it solves one or both problems.  Since the fix
is on the Linux side, there's a good chance it will fix
the problem for both 3.4.2 and xen-unstable.