Re: [Xen-devel] Binding ISA Irq seems to malfunction in Xen 3.4

To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Binding ISA Irq seems to malfunction in Xen 3.4
From: Tom Rotenberg <tom.rotenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 20:19:52 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:20:35 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=D+dpac/Yg02JLUQqnb3fc4ys50FxaX2xkcqLypWhgpQ=; b=ohl8Xhk2xLJoyEwZCTP2tUUqTGbYgEMjoneYi8Wx1yZCqGNk+FWjbklLZTvjlFUUUG J1UX6Yd270qE4O1j7bZj7tNsOmBuHrLBf7zwSASPWONAtsqfzNYRaMqQIOzdfYufJ7DQ nrhW5gOrjnYTJOF3bF+f4xHfPz+o3xvlkMhmY=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Jan/All,

Just tried the following:
i booted dom0, with i8042.nokbd and i8042.no_aux options, which caused
the i8042 driver not to use the ps2 keyboard & mouse.
I saw that these indeed the case, by doing:
#  cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0       CPU1
  3:          2          0  Phys-irq-level
  7:          0          0  Phys-irq-level     parport0
  8:          0          0  Phys-irq-level     rtc0
  9:        293          0  Phys-irq-level     acpi
 17:          2          0  Phys-irq-level     ohci1394
 18:          0          0  Phys-irq-level     sdhci:slot0

and i saw that the i8042 no longer uses the keyboard & mouse interrupts.

However, i still can't bing the ISA interrupt to the VM, using the
'xc_domain_bind_pt_isa_irq()' function.

Any idea on why this is happening? has anyone tested this function on
Xen 3.4 and newer xen versions?
Can this be some kind of a VT-d issue?

Tom