RE: [Xen-devel] Latest pvops hangs on boot

To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Latest pvops hangs on boot
From: "Williams, Mitch A" <mitch.a.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:03:09 -0700
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>, Konrad
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:03:47 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>Those all look like reasonable messages for a successful boot, but only
>from the Xen side; there should be corresponding dom0 kernel console
>messages somewhere.  The machine could be up and running; have you tried
>pinging it?
>
>Ah, I see Konrad has also replied; try those kernel parameters to get
>the console output working.  (Note the console has changed from xvc0 to
>hvc0, if you're using an installation from an older kernel.)

Thanks for the quick replies, guys. I've updated my boot config and am now
getting much more logging going on, though I'm still lost as to what's going
on. My latest log file is attached.  The system hangs right in the middle of a
line of text. On a previous boot, I got a few characters more, so it's not
perfectly deterministic.

Is there any place these command line options are documented, outside of the
source? This is the first I've heard of some of these.

Thanks again for your help.
-Mitch