RE: [Xen-devel] BSoD with GPLPV + tap:aio

To: "Paul Durrant" <paul.durrant@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] BSoD with GPLPV + tap:aio
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 21:06:22 +1100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 02:06:45 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> James Harper wrote:
> > When I use my GPLPV drivers with tap:aio, I get a random BSoD after
> > while, normally 0x0000000A.
> >
> > Can anyone suggest what could be different with file|phy vs tap:aio
that
> > might cause a problem? Is tap:aio otherwise known to be good?
> >

> I guess the main difference is likely to be blkback vs. blktap.
Guessing
> from the minimal info., I'm guessing you're probably hitting a state
> model problem. Was there any significant PnP going on when you got the
BSOD?

No PnP. I/O was being saturated though - I was performing a restore via
network to the disk on the machine that crashed.

Using phy: or file: I can restore 600GB with no problems at all. With
tap:aio it crashes after a few tens of GB.

James