Re: [Xen-devel] Error restoring DomU when using GPLPV / fix for GPLPV dr

To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Error restoring DomU when using GPLPV / fix for GPLPV drivers
From: Keith Coleman <list.keith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 16:05:11 -0400
Cc: Joshua West <jwest@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Kurt C. Hackel" <kurt.hackel@xxxxxxxxxx>, ANNIE LI <annie.li@xxxxxxxxxx>, James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "wayne.gong@xxxxxxxxxx" <wayne.gong@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:05:37 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 07:10:19PM +0800, ANNIE LI wrote:
>>
>> >I will do more test to make sure it and update here.
>> I tried to map 256 grant frames during initialization and balloon down
>> 256+1(shinfo+gnttab) pages driver first
>> load. Then i did save/restore for 50 times, and live migration for 10
>> times. No error occurs.
>>

> James: I guess this same fix should be applied to GPLPV drivers?

The latest GPLPV drivers still can't restore but the discussion of
this issue has gone quiet. Is this a lost cause?

I'm using xen-3.4.1, official 2.6.18-xen kernel,
gplpv_fre_wnet_x86_0.10.0.130.msi

2:~# xm save win2 win2.save
2:~# xm restore win2.save
Error: /usr/lib64/xen/bin/xc_restore 4 49 2 3 1 1 1 failed
Usage: xm restore <CheckpointFile> [-p]

Restore a domain from a saved state.
  -p, --paused                   Do not unpause domain after restoring it

Keith Coleman