Re: [Xen-devel] When is the next version of xen is supposed to be releas

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] When is the next version of xen is supposed to be released?
From: Joshua West <jwest@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:51:59 -0400
Cc: Tom Rotenberg <tom.rotenberg@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 08:55:53 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey Keir,

Can you elaborate on the HA solution?  Will this be something like
Kemari, included with Xen, or something completely new?

And by guest page sharing, this means memory overprovisioning/committing
instead of the balloon driver automation from Oracle/Dan?

Lastly, m/any changes to the XML-RPC Xen API?

Thanks!

Keir Fraser wrote:
> On 15/10/2009 11:40, "Tom Rotenberg" <tom.rotenberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> does anyone know when will the next xen version be released?
>>

> January most likely.
>

>> Also, does anyone know which features/fixes thsi feature will contain?
>>

> Whatever is stabilised in the xen-unstable repository by then. :-)
>
> netchannel2, some form of ha solution hopefully, gdbsx guest debugger, Dan
> Magenheimer's emulated TSC stuff, guest page sharing (possibly), new
> scheduler (possibly), ...
>
>  -- Keir

Joshua West
Senior Systems Engineer