[Xen-devel] (no subject)

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] (no subject)
From: "Eads, Joshua Michael (S&T-Student)" <jmer43@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 16:47:55 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 14:48:19 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have an HVM guest and I am trying to have a usermode program in Dom0 query
the context (CPU registers, specifically) of the guest.

I first tried using xc_domain_getcontext() in xenctrl.h but I haven't figured
out what data structure ctxt_buf is that it returns.  Next, I have tried using
xc_vcpu_getcontext() in xenctrl.h but so far it always returns -1 for failure.
For xc_vcpu_getcontext, I am passing in a vcpu number of 1 (I only have a
single virtual CPU domU running) along with an unallocated vcpu_guest_context_t
pointer.

Is this the right direction to pull guest registers, or is there another method
I need to use to get the HVM guest context?

Thanks,
Josh