Home Products Support Community News

Re: [Xen-devel] migrate issue

To: James Song <jsong@xxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] migrate issue
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 10:23:40 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 02:24:07 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I think it makes sense to require names to be unique and not auto-rename.
What would be nice is a decent error message (if we do not currently provide
one) and a method to rename a VM (if we do not currently provide one). That
gives good feeback to the admin, and the ability for them to fix the issue

 -- Keir

On 20/08/2009 09:30, "James Song" <jsong@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>    I found that if migrating a VM to another host which also has a vm whose
> name is  the same as the Migrating-VM, live migration will fail. Is it
> reasonable? IMO, perhaps, we could rename the migrated VM as
> "VM-Name-HostName" on the destination host and finish this migration. I not
> sure, if it is a lot of sense to do that or not. If it does, I will write the
> patch.  What's your option?
> regards,
> -James Song (Wei)

Xen-devel mailing list