Home Products Support Community News

Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [RFC] Make AGP work with IOMMU

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 16:52 -0700, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> And just when I have patches to use them for their original purpose...
> Looking back over the thread, are you saying that most users are already
> using the DMA API correctly for AGP accesses?  If that's true then we
> should be just fine.

No, not 'most users'. But perhaps we should.

All we've done so far is make intel-agp use the DMA API correctly. And
that's conditional on CONFIG_DMAR. But we could make it unconditional,
and make the other drivers do it too. The code is all fairly generic.

Without an IOMMU, the overhead would be fairly minimal.

David.Woodhouse@xxxxxxxxx                              Intel Corporation

Xen-devel mailing list