Home Products Support Community News

Re: [Xen-devel] Xen IPC

To: Derek Riley <derek.riley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen IPC
From: George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 18:17:38 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 10:18:07 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:received:in-reply-to :references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=80vQCy07ti7OPRppW8ZWtNr0WJtCooXxVpMB+kTibEE=; b=u5fa5tc1sFAh5WaDho/qm+B4FSGk2K3UoDjvuSeehaw2IvcVr+528jh1N/dvL90rgq 0j6NTavKzPaE+byJkC/dUB21YEfoDsp1sq+QzXbbtiZGDksro3Kl96bAPjF7HWmrpCbR NLqZIfxGolZOAThuJcL/uvnRJWzKBUakty4u4=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I assume you mean "Xen Hypervisor" (as the kernel would be probably
Linux dom0 kernel)?

You might look at the xentrace mechanism for using a shared page to
pass information out of Xen.  You could probably adapt the same idea
to pass information into Xen if you needed to.