From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
To: Teo En Ming <enming.teo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Sander Eikelenboom <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 16:31:19 +0300
Subject: Re: Re[8]: [Xen-devel] Unable to Configure Xen Dom 0 in Jeremy's PVOPS Kernel

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 08:37:09PM +0800, Teo En Ming wrote:
> Hi
>
> I attempted to install Fedora 10 32-bit PV guest using
> images/pxeboot/vmlinuz-PAE and images/pxeboot/initrd-PAE.img from the F10
> media. The non-PAE kernel could not load the installer. I finished my Fedora
> 10 32-bit PV guest installation but it also cannot boot up after
> installation, same as the CentOS 4.7 PV guest installation.

Fedora 10 installer has a bug, as a default it installs non-PAE kernel for
xen domU. You need to use a kickstart script (like this) to fix it:
http://pasik.reaktio.net/fedora/f10-xen-domu-ks.cfg

The important lines being:

-kernel
kernel-PAE

(Fedora 10 and Fedora 11 default kernels are compiled with pv_ops Xen domU
support enabled, so there's no need for separate kernel-xen with these distros).

Fedora 11 doesn't have that installer bug, so it installs right
out-of-the-box as Xen domU.

What's the error you get when you start the guest after installation?
Please paste the "xm log" as text.

I don't have any problems with CentOS 5.3 dom0.

-- Pasi