[Xen-devel] Question about Dom0 page table operations

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Question about Dom0 page table operations
From: "zhujun" <zhujun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 23:50:02 +0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 08:51:05 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

         I am writing a driver for Dom0 to access DomU’s memory and encounter a problem to operate dom0’s page table. In my implementation, I have a pmd entry, which points to a L1 page table(A). Then this L1 page table(A)’s address is kept, and the same pmd points to another L1 page table(B) using set_pmd. But, when I use the former L1 page table(A) again using set_pmd, my code does not work! Also I know xen puts the former L1 page table’e type when the new L1 page table(B) was set. Any other considerations? How can I operate Dom 0’s process page table correctly?

zhujun