RE: [Xen-devel] [XCI] xci build issues

To: Ben Guthro <ben.guthro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] [XCI] xci build issues
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 15:49:17 +0100
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 07:49:51 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 1. I am finding that a large hurdle in getting this building is chasing
> down build dependencies, of which there are many. Since the wiki
> recommends that this be built on a 32bit Debian lenny system - does
> anyone have a list of necessary packages to get things properly
> configured? Many times the things that the ./configure scripts are
> complaining about do not match the debian package names. If someone has
> already figured these packages out, it would be quite helpful to post
> this on the Wiki.

I think the list of required packages is something like the following:

build-essential git-core flex bison locales-all libpci-dev iasl asciidoc
autoconf automake libglib2.0-dev bcc bin86 gettext texinfo gawk libncurses-dev
libdbus-dev
glib-1-dev (plus build guilt from source)

It would be good to verify this and then get it on the wiki.

Thanks,
Ian