[Xen-devel] Re: Experience with netchannel2

> Hello, Steven!
>
> I'd like to ask you some questions about netchannel2.
> All I've done were with
> http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/netchannel2/xen-unstable.hg
> http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/netchannel2/linux-2.6.18.hg
>
> 1. During xen-netchannel2 building, vif2 script
> tools/hotplug/Linux/vif2 isn't installed to /etc/xen/scripts.
> Is this script needed at all?
It is needed, and it should be installed in /etc/xen/scripts.  The
normal tools makefiles are supposed to do this automatically when you
run ``make install'' (and they do on my test box).  Could you post
the output of ``cd tools/hotplug; make install'', please?

> What variable should be placed in domU config : 'vif' or 'vif2'?
vif2.  e.g.:

vif2 = [ 'bridge=eth1' ]

> 2. I have managed to start domU with netchannel2 succesfully with single
> virtual ethernet card.
>  But when I added second vif device to the domU configuration, i got black
> screen in dom0, during
> domU starting. It happens on the on network initialisation stage, so i could
> consider netchannel2
> affects this somehow. I didn't dig it yet, but it's critical to me to have
> more then one NIC.
What do you mean by ``black screen''?  That dom0 crashes?  Is there
any chance you could get a serial console on it, please?

Steven.