[Xen-devel] Waking from blocked state times

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Waking from blocked state times
From: Paul Harvey <stockingpaul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 08:47:33 +0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 01:48:11 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

I am doing some tests concerning how quickly Xen can receive a wake call for domain B in domain A and then swap to domain B and deliver a timer interrupt (oneshot).

The best seems to be 30ms~.

I am using some tight scheduling criteria and trying to allocate as little as 1% to the cpu and using the sedf scehduler. The domains are not full blow windows or linux but smaller, only using 4Mb of space. each domain runs for a few millis and then blocks so the 1% is more than enough.
Xen 3.3.1

Thanks
Paul

Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 Optimised for MSN. Download Now