Re: [Xen-devel] New release candidates for Xen 3.3.2 and 3.4.1

To: Frank van der Linden <Frank.Vanderlinden@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] New release candidates for Xen 3.3.2 and 3.4.1
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 20:03:26 +0100
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:03:54 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 23/06/2009 18:43, "Frank van der Linden" <Frank.Vanderlinden@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> Is this a regression relative to 3.3.1, do you know? That would make it more
>> likely a blocker.
>>
>>  -- Keir
>>
> I can't say for sure, unfortunately, since the tests that uncovered this
> weren't run on earlier incarnations of our 3.3-based tree.
>
> It seems that a few shadow fixes have gone in post 3.3.1, but I have no
> evidence that these would cause this particular. problem.

It might be sensible to try, depending on how long the bug takes to
reproduce. If you can be sure that it does not repro with 3.3.1 that has two
advantages for you: firstly, I would hold up the 3.3.2 release, and secondly
the set of changesets to search for the bug is greatly reduced.

 -- Keir