[Xen-devel] Linux-Windows data sharing in Xen

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Linux-Windows data sharing in Xen
From: "ITZIAR BALENCIAGA" <ibalenciaga@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 08:44:07 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 02:48:31 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I don't know if I should write here but really need help for this.
I have an app with two processes in windows and I want to move it to my new system. The problem is that I want to put one of the processes in my dom0 and the other one in my domU and they have to share data. I think that it is possible because I've seen a post saying something similar but I don't understand it well and I'd need an example. The link of the post is:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-07/msg00770.html

Now I'll try to explain my situation a little bit more. I use Xen 3.3.1 and have Ubuntu 8.10 as my dom0 and Windows XP as my domU. I have two processes where one of them writes into a counter and the other one visualizes its value. I've done it in windows with shared memory (using CreateFileMapping) and now I'd like to move it to my new system. My intention is putting the process that writes into the counter in Linux and the other one in Windows. In the post I've previously mentioned he says that he does something similar using the functions xc_domain_translate_gpfn_list and xc_map_foreign_batch. I've tried to understand what these functions do but I had no success and don't know how to use them. Does anybody know anything about these functions? Has anybody done anything similar and can show me the code in order to try to understand it better? If not, where could I find an example doing something similar?

Thanks in advanced,

Itziar Balenciaga