[Xen-devel] implementing memory ballooning in WIndows

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] implementing memory ballooning in WIndows
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 20:56:57 +1000
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 03:57:53 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Do the Citrix Windows PV drivers implement memory ballooning? I've been
looking at this a bit for GPLPV and the avenues I can see are:

1. Memory can be added via ACPI hot-add, but I assume that that isn't
implemented in the GPL qemu code (or is it?) and only works for Windows
Server Enterprise, not Vista, XP, or Server Standard.
2. I can give memory back via just allocating a physical page and giving
it back to Xen

Assuming that #1 is undesirable for the reasons stated above, does
anyone have any starting point? Is there a document describing how
dynamic memory works with HVM domains?

Thanks

James