Re: [Xen-devel] Known console(d) bug?

To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>, Ferenc Wagner <wferi@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Known console(d) bug?
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 00:04:32 +0100
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 May 2009 16:05:01 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 29/05/2009 22:53, "Pasi Kärkkäinen" <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I've seen the exact same bug/problem with Xen in RHEL5/CentOS (5.0, 5.1, 5.2).
> I believe it's also in 5.3.
>
> I reported the problem to xen-devel, but I couldn't provide the needed
> strace/backtrace to figure out the reason _why_ that happens.. (I had
> already restarted xenconsoled..)
>
> I think developers would need more information to figure out what the
> actual bug is.

Yes, I think any kind of xenconsoled hang can eventually result in guests
spinning waiting for their console buffers to be emptied. It might be
interesting to build xenconsoled with debug symbols (-g compile option) and
attach gdb when it gets in this state. Without that kind of info it'll be
hard to track down.

 -- Keir