[Xen-devel] Re: Pesky '#define current' in mini-os/sched.h

Ferenc Wagner, le Tue 28 Apr 2009 19:57:07 +0200, a écrit :
> > I'm a bit surprised you actually got code using cfgetospeed compiled in
> > the miniOS environment.  It's supposed to return something like B9600,
> > but that's not defined by newlib!
>
> I'll stub this to always return B38400 and define those constants.  Do
> you think it matters the least?

I doesn't.

> >> /home/wferi/xen/xen-3.3.1/stubdom/ncurses-x86_32/ncurses/../ncurses/./tinfo/lib_kernel.c:67:
> >>  undefined reference to `fpathconf'
> >
> > Same issue: how did you get that code to compile? _PC_VDISABLE is not
> > defined...  I believe you are not using the cross-chain flags.
>
> newlib-1.16.0/newlib/libc/include/sys/unistd.h defines _PC_VDISABLE.

Oh, right it's not defined in the linux/ part.

> It even has an fpathconf implementation in libc/sys/linux.  Is there a
> way to get that work or had I better stub this one, too?

That one should be fine indeed.

> >> /home/wferi/xen/xen-3.3.1/stubdom/ncurses-x86_32/ncurses/../ncurses/./tinfo/access.c:112:
> >>  undefined reference to `access'
> >> /home/wferi/xen/xen-3.3.1/stubdom/ncurses-x86_32/ncurses/../ncurses/./tinfo/access.c:125:
> >>  undefined reference to `access'
> >
> > Mmmm, the fsif protocol does not provide an access operation to
> > implement that properly. You could add a dummy implementation in
> > lib/sys.c that just open()/close() it and return proper error codes if
> > any and it should be fine for ncurses' use cases.
>
> I stubbed this last one, and now I can compile the ncurses example at
> http://www.captain.at/howto-curses-example.php as a c-stubdom; too bad
> it does not work:
>
> Error opening terminal: unknown.

What do you mean by "stubbing"?  An implementation just always returning
an error?

> Now let's try to hardwire the terminal type to xterm or similar...

Note that for that to eventually work you need to give your stubdomain
access to the terminfo database via fsif.

Now, I'm wondering about the ncurses requirement: is grub2 really
using it for the bootloader, not just for the userland tool?  Note for
instance that in the case of grub1, I took care of _not_ compiling
grub/asmstub.c which is the source for the userland grub, not the
bootloader.

Samuel