Re: ocaml?? why?? (was: [Xen-devel] caml stubdom crashes)

To: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ocaml?? why?? (was: [Xen-devel] caml stubdom crashes)
From: Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 00:31:28 +0200
Cc: Alex Zeffertt <alex.zeffertt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Patrick Colp <pjcolp@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "George S. Coker, II" <gscoker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 15:31:09 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dan Magenheimer, le Thu 02 Apr 2009 15:13:39 -0700, a écrit :
> > No problem so far with the language itself.
>
> This would seem to disagree with *No* problems.
> http://cufp.galois.com/2008/slides/MadhavapeddyAnil.pdf

Right, I was exaggerating, but from the slides I mostly read as a kind
of "bugs"

Supportability:
- Memory usage tracing
- ExceptionHandling
- Tracing and Logging

which is about the same with any highlevel language.

Personally I do not really care about the choice of the language, I
could learn haskell for instance.  It just happens that I already
had tinkered with embedding libcamlrun.a in a small kernel (see the
funk project on gna) so it was quite easy for me to write support for
ocaml-based stubdomains.  Contributions are welcome to do the same for
any other highlevel language ;)

Samuel