[Xen-devel] ip=x.y.z.w in config file ends up in pv guest /proc/cmdline

To: "Xen-Devel (E-mail)" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] ip=x.y.z.w in config file ends up in pv guest /proc/cmdline (but not in xen 3.3)
From: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 15:34:05 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 15:35:47 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I found that if you specify ip="ip_address" in
a PV config file, when the PV guest comes up,
/proc/cmdline contains the ip= (and some other
stuff).  Cool!  With minor init script mods, it's
now possible to "configure" a network interface
with an ip specified in the config file, thus
making it easier to "clone" VMs.

I was then disappointed to find that this feature
(bug fix?) isn't in xen 3.3, just in xen-unstable.

Can someone point me to the patch that made this
new feature work?  If it's not too interdependent
with other stuff, I might try to backport it.

Thanks,
Dan