Re: [Xen-devel] pvscsi broken

To: Jun Kamada <kama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] pvscsi broken
From: Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:49:57 +0100
Cc: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Masaki Kanno <kanno.masaki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 02:50:25 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=lYKjEcr/ToEbD7rG+Yl5bdVXyaz3ekJNrE0jcb67CSk=; b=VHjbF5m9EDErMBVi7ZWz/dnKORL3XKs25hVRhMSv44BGjIRTjV718HTli6rZrhEDSM qqaBmgmm0KTTZIwK94nNFK7go5HFpB5Hm1rne7o6I3NlVFm1XGGO/CwJWkaTEE0OLHRX ZLj/ehlo0i4F3+qTk1wtA62zSKcMMnQmIr5bM=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Jun Kamada <kama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Andrew-san,
>
> Which assignment mode, LUN mode or Host mode, do you use? If you used
> the LUN mode, only mandatory SCSI commands can work and almost all
> tape related commands will fail.
>
> Could you try the Host mode? Please see
> "http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-02/msg00505.html";
> for usage of the Host mode.
>
> Best regards,

I used a config setting like this: #vscsi=['/dev/st0, 0:0:0:0'] which
I guess must be LUN mode, I removed the setting and used a "xm attach
<dom>  8:0:5:0 host" which was successful and "xm scsi-list" shows the
device is attached, but nothing was detected in windows, perhaps it
needs to be there as soon as windows is booted, what is the syntax to
specify host mode in the config file?

Andy