Re: [Xen-devel] Xen unstable crash

To: Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen unstable crash
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:13:40 +0000
Cc: "Li, Haicheng" <haicheng.li@xxxxxxxxx>, "Jiang, Yunhong" <yunhong.jiang@xxxxxxxxx>, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 06:14:01 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 17/03/2009 11:43, "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Reverting those two changesets did not stop the problem, I didn't get
>> the crash message this time because the scrollback buffer in my serial
>> console had been overwritten before I got a change to copy it, but it
>> looked the same as the others.
>
> Hmm.. I'll have to draw up a new hit list of suspicious changesets. The
> difficulty of bisecting a problem when we have two separate repositories
> uinvolved (xen-unsatble and the qemu repo) is something we may have to
> consider after 3.4 is out. It's worked okay so far but it does rather break
> down when the bugs hit the fan!

Hi Andrew,

My new most likely culprit is one of my own changesets, 19268. Can you try:
 hg export 19268 | patch -Rp1
Please? You'll have to hit return on a few patch warnings -- they are
failures in ia64-specific code so they are harmless to ignore. Again, then
build and install only the hypervisor binary itself.

 -- Keir