[Xen-devel] Re: Questions on gdbsx

To: yujiageng734 <yujiageng734@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: Questions on gdbsx
From: Mukesh Rathor <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:36:53 -0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:37:28 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yujiageng734 wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I am trying to use your gdbsx.  But I don't know how to make a 32bit
> dom0 running on 64bit hypervisor. Can you explain this for me?  I'm
> extremely grateful to you.

Hmm.. good question. I don't know, it's always done for me here. One
option would be to just download OVM from edelivery.oracle.com, it's
free, and should ahve both binary and sources. You could look at spec
file to see how they do it.

>     By the way, could you give me some tools to debug hypervisor and
> monitor the process of hypervisor start. Any thought will be thankful.

To debug hypervisor, you'll need kdb. You could get that from OVM (xen
3.1.4) also, or http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/debuggers.hg  for
unstable. See README-dbg. If you put earlykdb in xen kernel line in
grub.conf, it would break into kdb during boot very early. Then you can
single step, set breakpoints, etc...

Mukesh