Re: [Xen-devel] How to transfer data between guest and hypervisor?

To: ssy dgtg <dgtgssy@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] How to transfer data between guest and hypervisor?
From: Дмитрий Головинов <dimka87@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:01:29 +0300
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 03:01:58 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=QwVfdRBRW8x6IKYzzOclAQIuTzMl3hsSnXABmx+tchY=; b=fZT8WxJAuPzTXDRQPttnxW3OL+sgeCgshQzvcxaXn1X2TjH9AUuVuKNFN5fuHtiVYU PWKtV4R+aDHvzNTWiOIMYalnkLzlSeQp7xSq1BIXBHjvlY9QXZNkpmusnwlIJ9Y/Wmvd zG1GguN0s8TqreuPdAZert8bTS0Y8VlAOU5d8=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Maybe you misunderstood. I need to transfer data structure not between
domains(dom - to - dom transfer is described in Definitive Guide), but
between domain and hypervisor kernel. These are not the same. There
are a lot of difficulties on this way, may be these are solved. I
thought, studying xm dmesg would help - but, obviously, i found
nothing on my study, that can help me. I've tryed to research in
hypercalls and found a note, talking bout passing pointers to
hypervisor. So I wanna obtain a memory page in, for example, dom0, and
pass via hypercall1() a pointer. And from Xen kernel, i wanna obtain
it's virtual/physical address of that page (mapped to it's memory
space), with which i could easilly access necesarry structure in it.

If someone could give me any idea, it would be great.

Thank you.
Dmitry Golovinov