Re: [Xen-devel] [rfc 00/18] ioemu: use devfn instead of slots as the uni

To: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Yuji Shimada <shimada-yxb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [rfc 00/18] ioemu: use devfn instead of slots as the unit for passthrough
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 03:31:30 -0800
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 03:31:58 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 22/02/2009 22:55, "Simon Horman" <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> The another solution is expanding GSI to 127. I don't sure it is
>> possible, but sharing virtual GSI will not occur.
>
> That thought crossed my mind too, I will investigate further.
> But I think that ideally it would need to be expanded to 143
> as the first 16 GSI are currently reserved for ISA.

Can't xend or qemu do a search of PCI slot space to pick a virtual
devfn:intx that doesn't conflict (or that purposely does conflict, if there
are any cases where you want that)? 32 non-legacy GSIs should be enough to
avoid any aliasing if a bit of effort is put in to avoid it.

 -- Keir