Re: [Xen-devel] How to build vmlinuz-2.6.29-rc5-tip ?

To: Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] How to build vmlinuz-2.6.29-rc5-tip ?
From: M A Young <m.a.young@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:00:08 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 02:00:58 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Boris Derzhavets wrote:

Did all stuf from scratch

rm -fr linux.tree.git
mkdir linux.tree.git || exit -1
cd linux.tree.git

git init
# Add Linus's tree as a remote
git remote add linus
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git

# Add the -tip tree as a remote

git remote add tip
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git
git remote update

That is a potential source of confusion since this is the xen git repo, not the tip one.
git remote add xen git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git
would make more sense.

git checkout -b xen-latest tip/xen/master

"make menuconfig" still doesn't show options for Xen Dom0 support

Something was done wrong.

You are still looking at the wrong branch. The xen/master branch in the xen.git repository is the DomU head, so won't necessarily contain the Dom0 stuff I assume you want to test. Maybe the more stable bits of Dom0 will be added to that branch in due course, but at the moment key bits of Dom0 are missing.

Thus you should be replacing xen/master with xen/dom0/hackery

        Michael Young